Software QA Test Analyst
- R30,000 per month
- Permanent Intermediate position
- Posted 10 Jun 2022 by Modulent
- Expires in 19 days
About the position
- Research, analyse and evaluate requirements for existing or new software applications and operating system.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software solutions to meet the clients' requirements.
- This is a South African based software company focusing on electronic transaction processing, back-office administration, and retail banking solutions.
- They constantly exploring new ways to expand and innovate their offering to clients, to remain market leaders in the banking and financial industry.
- Conduct testing of new and existing software before it is deployed to the live production environment.
- Matric or equivalent qualification (recognised by the Department of Higher Education & Training)
- National Diploma or Degree in relevant field (advantage)
- ISTQB certification (advantage)
Experience & Skills
- Must have 3 years' Manual testing experience
- Must have 1+ year Automation testing experience
- Excellent Attention to detail, analytical and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong documentation and writing skills with excellent attention to detail required
- Experience with
- generating and documenting Test cases and QA Test Plans/Scenarios
- the concept of a Software Development Lifecycle and working with different test environments (Development, Quality and UAT Environment)
- working on and testing different Internet Browsers
- Ability to perform duties under tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask as the Job requires keeping track of multiple errors right through their lifecycle
- Basic Knowledge of SQL database and queries
- Experience in a Banking or Financial environment
- Experience working with Error tracking tool/system
- Responsible for the creation, updating and execution of end-to-end manual and automated (position dependent) Test Cases to test new and existing software solutions
- Conduct functional and technical testing on the Front and Back-end across multiple platforms including Portal, Internet Banking and Mobile
- Execution of scripts to simulate or test various scenarios
- Perform manual and automated regression testing
- Fully document and track any anomalies or defects identified in testing with instruction of how to recreate each including proof of successful testing once these have been fixed
- Create Release Notes to clients of functions ready for UAT testing
- Assist in defining the companies' testing methodologies and quality control standards
- Work with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features
- Maintain well organised records of test results
- Contribute to written policies and procedures for quality assurance
- Must have good administrative and analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Target orientated
- Decision-making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- High level of personal integrity and ethics
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Must have own and reliable transport
- Head of Development - Production and Enhancements
- Head of Business Support Services
- Team Leader: Quality Assurance
- Manual Testing
- Automation Testing
- Quality Assurance
- Software Applications
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Software Development
Desired Qualification Level:
About the agency
The Modulent Way
We believe in people and their amazing potential. Whether you’re looking for a job, seeking hires or working with us, you have come to the right place.
We connect great companies with great people, offering a variety of Recruitment Services from Permanent, Contract and Temporary positions, in a wide range of industries and sectors including IT, Banking, Financial, Telecoms, Engineering and many more.
Let’s start your Journey Together
Each person’s journey to success looks different. Where do you want yours to lead?
Modulent can help you get there!
You get more than a Recruitment Agency!
We are not your standard Recruitment Agency that only matches resumes to the job requirements.
We take it further!
You will get our Strategic Workforce Advice and Insight
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel any time.
EMAIL ME JOBS LIKE THIS
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job: Senior IT Auditor. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time.