Senior Software Developer at Headhunters
Headhunters (Head Office)
this job is expired
- Permanent Senior position
Cape Town Region, Western Cape
- Posted 27 Sep 2021 by Headhunters (Head Office)
- Expires in 4 days
Job 2425481 - Ref 1954912173
About the position
Our client in the IT industry based in Cape Town is currently looking for a talented Senior Software Developer with 6+ years of coding experience.
Main purpose of the position:
- To develop, build and operate sophisticated large-scale transactional systems as well as leading and mentoring their development team.
Experience and Skills set:
- Our tech stack of choice is Python and Django
- Knowledge in other object-orientated languages and MVC frameworks.
- Exposure to GoLang will be advantageous.
Key Performance Areas:
Writing software in line with industry standards and design patterns:
- Guide and implement software and product design
- Produce code of the highest quality
- Produce code in line with project requirements
- Implement and maintain appropriate security standards
- Write and maintain unit and functional tests
Debugging software for optimum functioning:
- Reproducing and locate the source of reported bugs and issues
- Fix bugs and issues
- Communicate errors and solutions to product owners
Maintaining software and related repositories and databases:
- Manage source code and versioning
- Manage to branch and pull requests
- Provide accurate estimates for new work and assessment for work completed
- Manage projects task in line with project workflow
- Identifying and suggesting functional improvements
- Work with product owners to plan and execute project sprints
- Maintaining detailed documentation for software components
Leading and Mentoring:
- Provide mentorship to peers and team members
- Strategic thinking around database and architectural design
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the team’s continuous upskilling
Keeping current with the development environment:
- Maintain and improve skill set
- Identify developmental needs and motivate for additional training
- Problem solver
- Independent thinker
- Knows how to manage stress when under pressure
- Displays self awareness and leadership
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.
Headhunters (Head Office)
About the agency
Headhunters is privately owned and managed Boutique Recruitment Consultancy specializing in the permanent placement of Executive, Commercial and Technical staff, nationally, across all sectors.
Headhunters represents the rich diversity of a multi-cultural South Africa and has established a reputation as a market leader in intelligent recruiting. In the pursuit of service excellence, Headhunters combines the emotional (EQ) and intellectual (IQ) facets of HR skills and talent, thereby adding value to support your employee retention strategy, and ultimately, business success.
Managing Director and owner, Michael Tuohy, is passionate about recruitment and customer centricity; concludes; “At Headhunters, we’re small enough to care but big enough to make an impact! Genuine passion and enthusiasm for what we do, coupled with our ability to respond and adapt swiftly to clients’ needs, has been the catalyst for success for scores of thriving organisations country-wide.”
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel any time.
EMAIL ME JOBS LIKE THIS
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job: Senior IT Auditor. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time.