Sti Development Manager Sfa Sti at Sanlam
Permanent Management EE position
Bellville, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2252485 | Ref Distribition100
Posted 14 Sep 2018 by Sanlam
About the Position
What will you do?
This role is positioned within a regional unit/office and is primarily responsible for coaching, vesting, developing and performance managing a team of Short Term Insurance Advisors for the first 12 months (vesting period) of their employ ensuring they are retained, viable and productive as quickly as possible.
The Development Manager may have a recruitment target or not, a matter which will be decided by the relevant Head of Short Term Insurance unit with input from the Senior Business Development Manager.
What will make you successful in this role?
Supervision and management of financial advisers during first 12 months of employment encompassing the following outputs:
Facilitate Short term insurance advisor to on-the job and formal training
- Formulate a customised Training path for each Short term insurance advisor based on their prior experience/knowledge/skills
- Ensure that the Short term insurance advisor is timeously nominated for, is well prepared for and attends the different core training courses offered
- Assist with any pre-work or post training assignments that need to be completed and ensure that the requisite transfer of learning and skills is well vested back in the working environment.
- Undertake supplementary on-the-job training with Short term insurance advisors on aspects of their function as follows;
- Leads generation and utilization of the database
- Products and Technical knowledge
- Compliance and legislative processes
- Perform duties with regards to indirect supervision according to the Vesting Guide and FAIS requirements.
- In particular, ensure that the STi Advisor is adept in performing effective interviews with clients by frequently accompanying the STi Advisor to interviews and through mentoring and coaching, embed the desired approaches
- Perform pro-active monitoring with respect to the business concluded by the STI Advisor
- Arrange for training with regards to business and competency-based skills training to obtain formal qualifications.
- Arrange and facilitate study schools within a specific region/unit.
- Embed a sound working system with the STI Advisor
- Embed the desired SFA culture with the STI Advisor in terms of the Vision, Charters and general discipline
- Ensure that the STi Advisor is fully informed about any changes and/or developments that can have an impact on the STi Advisor and how he/she perform their duties
- Facilitate product specific training/refreshers
- Identify areas of development iro selling techniques
- Develop selling skills by facilitating workshops
Focused Coaching and Vesting of STI Advisor
- Using the Vesting Contract as a source and guide, ensures that the FA undergoes all the necessary steps, processes and requirements to become vested as quickly as possible to full productivity.
- Ensure that the Vesting Contract is completed, signed off and documented accurately.
- In support of vesting the STI Advisor as soon and effectively as possible undertakes 1:1 coaching on the following;
- Making telephonic appointments
- Frequently accompanying STI Advisor in the field when consulting clients on Sales interviews and through mentoring and coaching, embed the desired approaches
- Client Centricity and Treating Clients Fairly
- Interpersonal and communication skills with clients
- Creating and delivering client presentations
- Match client need with product offerings
- Prospecting, selling and closing
- Time/activity management
- Cross/up marketing, selling techniques (field work)
- Lapses and retention strategies
- Support, motivate and encourage the STI Advisor emotionally to be tenacious and word working despite obstacles and set-backs
- Perform duties with regards to Direct Supervision according to the Vesting Guide and FAIS requirements.
- Embed the desired SFA culture with the new STI Advisor in terms of the Vision, Charters and general discipline
- Ensure that the STI Advisor is fully informed about any changes and/or developments that can have an impact on the adviser and how he/she performs their duties.
Recruitment of STI Advisor
- Take responsibility to source for potential recruits
- Support the manpower growth plans of the BDM and various businesses
Qualification & experience
- Short Term Insurance Qualification
- Management / coaching Diploma
- RE 1
- Extensive experience in marketing / sales
- Previous management role
- Financial Services experience, preferably having been a STi Advisor
- Underwriting or technical support experience Personal Lines and Commercial Lines
Knowledge and skills
- MS: Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook)
Business / Management:
- Financial Services Industry Knowledge
- Financial Services Product Knowledge (Santam, Niche and competitors)
- Legal technical Knowledge (product related)
- Financial products- (broad and background)
- Management skills to manage/coach staff
- Relevant regulatory legislation and compliance knowledge (FAIS accredited)
- Marketing/selling knowledge/skills (including 6 step sales cycle)
- Activity and performance management
- Analyse new business trends
- Distribution Academy training program/courses
- Energetic and positive
- Inherent aptitude for people with the ability to motivate, build, retain and vest a team
- Determined and goal orientated
- Aptitude for production / sales focused
- Structured and good planning abilities (task orientated)
- Strong administrative and operational skills and knowledge
- Socially confident and skilled to communicate well with staff and clients alike
- Technical knowledge
- Results driven
- Task structuring
- Business acumen
- Work standards
- Team success
- Continuous learning
- Decision making
- Treating customers fairly
Due date for applications:
The closing date for applications is 28 September 2018
Note though that the recruiter reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement prior to the closing date, or to allow for further applications to be submitted after the closing date indicated.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Financial Services Industry Knowledge
- Financial Services Product Knowledge
- Legal technical knowledge
- Management skills to manager or coach staff
- Marketing or selling skills
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Who are we?
SPF Distribution, is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. We have approximately 2,000 tied advisers and 2,000 supporting independent brokers, all dedicated to meet the financial needs of our clients. Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients and intermediaries. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life's financial questions. ULTIMATELY WE GROW AND PROTECT WEALTH.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time