Permanent Intermediate position
R35,000 - R45,000 pm cost to company
Job 2233938 | Ref KK-Product-Trav
Posted 12 Jul 2018 by Career Minded
About the Position
Product Manger/Account Manager
My client is based in Bryanston and operates in the travel industry. The mission of the Product Manager is to provide innovative products that consistently support the company's global strategy and business model, and that meet regional and global customers' business needs in a timely fashion and with respect for cost to market and customer needs. Working in an environment to maximize ROI for the project/product.
Overall Position Objective
The role is viewed as a product expert within the regions.
The Product Manager will be responsible of all activities linked to the lifecycle of the products.
The main responsibilities are to:
- Gather and analyze business requirements from customers
- Gather and analyze market requirements
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements
- Produce Statement of Requirements linked to product evolution
- Manage (Account Management) and communicate on Product Roadmap and requirements prioritization
- Monitor product performance
- Competitor and Market need analysis
- Manage and prepare sales documentation and communications
- Market and promote the product using various media sources
- 2 years experience minimum and prior experience in Product Management is a plus.
- Customer management responsibilities & exposure is an asset
- In depth knowledge and experience in Mid Back Office solutions in the travel industry is an asset
- 40% Travel is required with home market base of Johannesburg, South Africa
Main Position Activities
Product Management Duties
- Identify opportunities for the development of new features or enhancement of existing products
- Articulate business needs into new product concepts or enhancements in line with business strategy
- Establish written statement of requirements (SOR) and provide input for the development of detailed functional specifications
- Interface regularly with the development teams to ensure delivery of requirements
- Market, manage and promote product functionalities to exisiting customers. (Account Management)
Sales & Marketing Duties
- Participate in workshops or one-to-one meetings with customers
- Provide product content as needed to support documentation, training, sales tools and collateral creation
Internal Stakeholder Duties
- Ensure product portfolio knowledge transfer to all key stakeholders in Internal Solution Workshops and in adhoc requests
- Participate in the elaboration of pricing policies for the products
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline from College or University.
- Travel industry experience preferable
- Product Management skills and understanding
- Understanding of IT development and tools
- Ability to learn and understand new products and services as and when required
- Fluent English is mandatory, languages such as Portuguese would be a benefit.
- Exposure to multicultural work environment is a plus
- Communication skills including presentation skills in a high-tech environment
- Strong customer focus & interpersonal skills
- travel industry
- product manager
- account manager
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Product Management
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time