Junior Linux Systems Administrator at Datafin Recruitment
Permanent Intermediate position
Cape Town, Western Cape
Market Related cost to company
Posted 10 Jul 2018 by Datafin
About the Position
ENVIRONMENT:A dynamic end-to-end IT solutions company seeks a Junior Linux Systems Administrator to join their team. The successful incumbent should have 2 years Linux Server or Windows Server [URL Removed] Support:
- Configuration of new staff notebooks and software (OS, Office, AV and Wsus).
- Linux server services: DHCP, Samba, PPTP/VPN, Software updates.
- Windows server support: Wsus server.
- Dell Hardware support: logging calls and overseeing repairs.
- Monitoring of all resource on Network (Sintelligent, and other third-party applications).
- Assign network access.
- Manage network devices.
- Monitoring bandwidth usage of users.
- Managing Internet resources e.g. Fibre.
- Receive and load all new assets to asset system.
- Update asset locations.
- Assign and update assets to persons.
- Grade 12
- The following skills would be beneficial to have:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- CompTIA A+ Technician.
- Network +
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- 2 years Linux Server and Windows Server experience.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time