Permanent Intermediate position
JHB - Eastern Suburbs, Gauteng
Market Related cost to company
Job 2217024 | Ref PS007529VM
Posted 17 May 2018 by Prostaff Holdings
About the Position
A leading paint manufacturing company is seeking the above to be responsible for the full accounting systems as the designated financial officer of the company.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- A BComm Degree in Accounting or Financial Management is essential.
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience within a financial position.
- Must have manufacturing experience.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages.
- Must be highly numerate, analytical and detail orientated.
- Must have excellent organisational skills as well as delivery track record.
- Excellent relationship management, communication and presentation skills.
- Must have well-developed people management abilities.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Contributing fully to the development of the company strategy, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate.
- Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Managing and overseeing company capital requirements, debt, revolving credit, equity, disposals and acquisitions as appropriate.
- Drafting and managing full financials to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly financial statements and management packs.
- Preparing and completing annual financial statements and quarterly reporting packs in compliance with IFR’s.
- Handling legalities around labour broking and service lease agreements as well as managing all the disposable accounts.
- Ensuring that transactions are processed and reviewed for completeness.
- Ensuring compliance with rules, regulations and requirements.
- Reviewing insurance policies and discussing them with the Operations Manager for verification.
- Handling all vehicle finance and company assets as well as liaising with the company’s corporate banks.
- Ensuring that General Ledgers are maintained.
- Reviewing the Company’s tax related information including VAT, PAYE, provisional tax, annual tax submissions and other tax-related issues and ensuring timeous collation.
- Ensuring that all disclosed accounts are reconciled according to audit requirements.
- Preparing the Sales and MRF budget.
- Generating monthly management packs which includes actuals vs budgets on Profits and Loss, and balance sheet items.
Salary package is negotiable based on experience gained.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time