Permanent Management position
Cape Town Region, Western Cape
R530,000 - R750,000 pa cost to company
Posted 17 May 2018 by Rory Mackie & Associates
About the Position
Our client is looking for an Engagement Manager who can lead research across many different types of projects (currently including payments systems, remittances, AML/CFT, insurance, health financing, capital markets, financial inclusion diagnostics, and innovation support to financial service providers).
You will take ownership of client engagement and project design and will inspire and manage teams across a variety of theme areas. You will actively shape and oversee research and analysis, synthesise insights and present findings to stakeholders.
As senior team members, Engagement Managers also actively contribute to and shape the Organisation's independent research objectives, operations and strategy - in pursuit of impact.
Who you are
- You are a curious, intellectual and creative thinker, interested in achieving impact beyond yourself, and you have a sustained interest in solving real world problems.
- You have the patience to pursue impact over time by generating, sharing and applying insights.
- You aspire to be wise rather than clever, and you enjoy an adventurous and entrepreneurial environment where you can balance work and life.
- You bring inspiration and inspired points of view from diverse sources to help your teams and clients imagine new opportunities.
- Having a curious mind, you naturally make connections between diverse fields and industries.
- As a strategic thinker, you can synthesise specific insights and stories into impactful, well-articulated outputs.
- You enjoy managing complex projects that deliver on objectives.
- Being highly collaborative, you appreciate and learn from the perspectives of those who have different backgrounds and skills.
- You are excited by the opportunity to develop the skills of junior team members and to build a strong organisation that can deliver on its vision.
- A minimum of five to eight years' experience working in financial services, financial inclusion or a related field
- Excellent strategic thinking and superlative verbal and written communication skills, along with fluency and confidence in inspiring teammates and clients
- Experience in research and project design to solve problems while developing and empowering junior team members, including proposal development, budgeting, resource management and talent management
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and nimble, project management
- An ability to meet the demands of multiple clients simultaneously, balancing speed with quality and accuracy
- A high comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity
- A proven appetite for experimentation (While you have facility in a range of research methods, you are inventive and you value great inspiration over dogmatic adherence to process)
- A Master's degree or similar qualification in economics, law, policy, development or CA
- Strategic Thinking
- Client Engagement
- Project Design
- Verbal and Written Communication
About The Employer
An independent think tank generating financial insights
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time