Area Head Personal Banking at Bidvest Bank Rennies Foreign Exchange
Permanent Management position
Cape Town CBD, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 17 May 2018 by Bidvest Bank
About the Position
- Be responsible for the branch network, entire scope within the personal banking space and the Personal Banking Sales Consultants.
- This will be achieved by driving revenue, personal banking acquisitions and key customer retention whilst actively focusing on expense management across the network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Year on year growth
- Achieving budgets
- Manage expense, profit and loss
- Monthly accurate financial analysis and reporting at regional management meetings.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget process, including relating training, overseeing the capturing process on Forecaster and monitoring it for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare an annual budget pack once the budget process is completed for reference purposes; and Monitor the region's expenses against budget and assist with managing it to ensure that it remains within the set limits and/ or a reasonable, explained and authorised deviation.
- Manage client retention and growth in branches.
- Deal with client complaints and queries in the branch when problems get escalated.
- Proactively deal with branch acquisitions.
- Selling the right product at the right time, ability to understand and solve client needs.
- Go out with branch sales consultant and support them, to provide the best advice to the client.
- Oversee management of all the branch logistics, financial control, capex, opening and closure of branches.
- Oversee operational risk management.
- Ensure all standards of compliance within the business area.
- Proactively manage audit findings within business unit.
- Identify and prevent potential risks within the business unit.
- Manage execution - know goal, how to achieve goal, kept accountable, keep score.
- Be responsible for performance development.
- Be responsible for talent management.
- Be responsible for driving high performance culture.
- Coaching, mentoring, support and training.
- Perform a complete management and leadership function to ensure efficient delivery of services to clients.
- Recruitment and selection of staff.
- Management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Business Acumen
- Results focused
- Service Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Strategic thinking
- Problem solving
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time