End User Computing and Storage Engineer Level 1
Contract Senior position
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Market Related basic salary plus benefits
Job 2204428 | Ref PE000348CW
Posted 04 Apr 2018 by Headhunters
About the Position
An international IT business solutions company is seeking to employ an End User Computing and Storage Engineer (Level 1) to help build on their success.
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure, at the client is installed, configured, tested and operational.
- Ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of allocated support calls; leveraging knowledge articles where required.
- Provide data centre support to clients which includes provisioning, asset management, monitoring, implementation, troubleshooting and support for data centre operations and related infrastructure.
- Provide remote and onsite end user computing support to clients.
- Work to identify the root cause of problems.
- Use internal systems for ticket updates and closure and for time logging.
- Follow project management processes as required.
- Escalate incidents and problems to level three engineers or to third parties as necessary.
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- Good communicator who gets the best out of your teammates and exercises good listening skills.
- As a corporate citizen you need to be a good team player and exhibit the required level of management skills
- You need to display a good understanding of business principles
- You need to be client focused and display a proactive approach to solving problems.
- You will be expected to work well under pressure and demonstrate the ability to work within a support team, contributing to their success.
Key requirements, qualifications and experience:
- Relevant tertiary certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and datacentre server and storage technologies would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of ITIL and business process is of benefit
- Good English language skills
- Own vehicle and driver’s licence
Employer & Job Benefits
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time