Operational Business Manager Materials Handling Equipment
Permanent Management position
East London, Eastern Cape
R480,000 - R600,000 pa cost to company
Posted 03 Apr 2018 by Green Marble Recruitment Consultants
About the Position
Operational Business Manager (Materials Handling Equipment)
Urgently looking for an Operations Manager / Business manager from the Materials Handling Equipment industry. Able to manage all aspects of the business including Operations (Sales, rentals, maintenance of new and used equipment), Finance (Internal & Corporate governance controls, financial reports, assets, budgets and financial forecasts) and legal affairs.
Must have a Tertiary qualification (Business or Finance related). MBA would be ideal!
Must have relevant experience in a Technical Service environment!
Should you have any question, feel free to give me a call: Adel - Contact Number
The primary objective of the Operations Manager position is to be a direct representative, capable of making and implementing sound decisions on behalf of the company in all areas of the planning, directing and coordination of the branch assigned to.
The Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Overseeing the operational, financial and legal affairs of an operational division/branch
- Asset management and maintenance thereof
- All personnel and related functions
- Overall administration of the division/branch
- Effective leadership to ensure the staff functions as an effective and committed team in line with company vision, mission, goals and values
- Leadership in maintaining a productive, cost-effective, safe and legal workplace
- Reporting relationship to General Manager
- Overall responsibilities will include:
- Ensure adequate financial internal and Corporate governance controls are in place and effective
- Provide accurate financial reports
- Asset management
- Prepare all budgets and financial forecasts
- Critical examination of information for accuracy
- In-depth financial analysis and promptly address financial inaccuracies, inefficiencies and problems (review financial statements, sales and market coverage reports, and other performance data to measure on an ongoing basis progress to goal achievement and to determine areas requiring improvement / enhanced action and/or cost reduction)
- Overall responsibility to plan for the division/branch's financial future, needs, profitability, etc.
- Overall responsibility to ensure the quality of division/branch financial activities is in line with company objectives. Essential department functions to be monitored are:
- New and Used Sales
- Service & Maintenance
- ensure all department overheads are in line with company regulations and under control
- overall responsibility to ensure administrative procedures are followed correctly
- ensure OHSACT; ASEC and ISO requirements are met on own and customer premises and that all regulations are adhered to.
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Relevant business management tertiary qualification (NQF Level 6)
- MBA/Post graduate qualification
- Relevant experience in a Technical Services environment
- Management experience - Min number of direct reports, 20
- Strong financial experience: Internal & corporate governance controls, financial reporting, asset management, budget and financial forecasts, overall financial future and profitability, Debtors, Creditors,
- Operational experience: New and used sales, Rental of equipment, Parts, Service and Maintenance, Customer Service
- Knowledge of: OHSACT, ASEC and ISO requirements
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time