Specialist Engineering X1 at South African Revenue Service
Permanent Intermediate EE position
Pretoria - Le Hae La SARS, Gauteng
Market Related salary
Job 2198229 | Ref 14274
Posted 12 Mar 2018 by South African Revenue Service
About the Position
Specialist: Engineering X1
Report to : Senior Manager: Process Solutions
Location : Head Office:
Department : GISC (Engineering)
To analyse, design & lead research & benchmarking, innovation concept development & the design of innovative continuous process improvement & multi-process/function business process solutions across the business process management life cycle ensuring compliance with all new and proposed legislation to achieve sustainable business results in support of the enterprise strategy. This includes the provision of design and implementation support & conducting of stakeholder engagement
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making & the identification of improvement opportunities
- Apply practical & applied knowledge & act authoritatively on methods, systems & procedures to identify trends & risks
- Communication of situational interpretation & judgement of work outputs & queries in area of specialisation
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures & legislation in the delivery of work outputs
- Draw on own knowledge & experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve problems
- Initiate process & procedural, implement the change & provide guidelines & support related to new requirements as a result of the change
- Plan for process improvements, initiatives & services to deliver on operational strategy & objectives
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern
- Analyse & review legislative changes & practically translate these pieces of legislation for scoping consumption
- Provide process solution support to institutionalise process initiatives
- Design, model & document Process Solutions Specifications
- Apply & utilise systems to ensure efficient & effective service delivery, optimised quality, financial accuracy & calculation
- Contribute to the successful implementation of change initiatives by providing support
- Apply processes to improve data validation across service delivery systems in line with targets
- Ensure that business requirements are identified, prioritized & satisfied by appropriate technical & or business process solutions
- Conduct innovation research & benchmarking
- Implement & provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity & ethics processes
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance & legislative requirements & report on deviations & discrepancies
Develop & maintain productive working relationships to achieve predefined objectives
Search for, integrate & share knowledge attained through learning opportunities in the execution of your job
Enable a culture where information regarding successes, issues, trends & ideas are actively shared
Adhere to org policies & procedures to ensure cost effectiveness & reduction of financial costs
Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships & provides opportunity for feedback & exceptional service
Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise & advice to stakeholders
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Conceptual Ability & Competence
Problem Solving & Analysis
Institutional Process Analysis & Redesign
Innovation driven research & benchmarking
Innovation concept development
Bachelor's Degree/ Adv Dip (NQF 7):Industrial Engineering, preferably augmented by a qualification in Future Studies or Research Innovation AND 8-10 years' related exp, of which 3-4 years must be at operational specialist level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 year's related exp, of which 3-4 years must be at operational specialist level
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to identify key or underlying issues.
- The ability to take all relevant details into account to ensure that a task is completed to required standards.
- Ability to determine trends from raw data to assist decision-making in various aspects of work at SARS .
- This is the ability to formulate new concepts based on information gathered.
- Experience in analyzing and reviewing Tax legislative changes and interpreting it into products, policies and procedures.
- Understands a situation or problem by breaking it into smaller pieces/tracing the implications of situation in a step-by-step way.
- The knowledge and interpretation of the functional policies and procedures, including monitoring their consistent application internally within SARS
- Knowledge of own organisations, policies, procedures, services, products and business operating mode.
About The Employer
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process. Suitably qualified African Female/ African Male and Persons with Disabilities are targeted for this position.
It is the applicants responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated and verified by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and proof thereof must be attached. Successful candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks including pre-employment screening, vetting and integrity assurance testing and will be further required to declare their private interests on an annual basis. Appointment is subject to a positive outcome of the relevant checks.
Putting our people first is an integral part of SARS business strategy. In support of this and our ongoing evolution towards becoming the best employee-centric employer in South Africa, our Human Resources strategy aims to create a high performing environment for our people by role modelling and embedding the right behaviours and values.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time