Permanent Senior position
Cape Town Region, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2192591 | Ref NA_Tech.spc.
Posted 22 Feb 2018 by Taudata Consultants
About the Position
- Works on major or highly visible tasks in support of multiple projects that require multiple areas of expertise.
- Works closely with architects to assure all systems are in line with IS&T's long-term strategy.
- Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
- May assist in defining DevOps and quality guidelines and standards.
- Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- Builds automated deployments using configuration management technology.
- Documents and completes knowledge transfer to production support.
- Plans and performs ongoing routine application maintenance tasks.
- Assists in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
- Will troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions.
- Evaluates existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- Evaluates vendor solutions to ensure compliance with requirements and cost-effectiveness.
- Participates in the development of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures.
- Participates in the identification of continuity/disaster recovery risks and mitigation plans.
- Assists in the development of disaster recovery plans.
- Evaluates new application packages and tools and performs research on best practices.
- Provide 24/7 support
- Availability/ability to work long hours in a highly pressurised environment.
- Minimum Requirements: (Technical and Functional)
- Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or another related field.
- 5-10 years of Windows, Linux and/or Unix administration.
- Virtualisation experience with VMware or related hypervisor.
- Solid understanding of storage and networking.
- Experienced in scripting languages Bash, PowerShell, Python and/or related.
- Experience with automation tools like Chef, Jenkins and related.
- Analysis and programming experience.
- Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of hardware and software products.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Integration knowledge and experience advantageous
- Knowledge or experience with the below tools advantageous
o IBM Integration Bus
o WebSphere Message Broker
o IBM MQ
o IBM MFT - Managed file transfer
o IBM DataPower
o IBM DataStage
o Oracle Database
- IBM Intergration Buss
- IBM MQ
- IBM Power
- Oracle Database
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time