Permanent Intermediate position
Market Related cost to company
Job 2188003 | Ref PS007107HC
Posted 08 Feb 2018 by Prostaff Holdings
About the Position
A leading and well-established supplier of turnkey analytical solutions for the petrochemical as well as water and gas industries requires the above to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and related services.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- A tertiary qualification in Instrumentation or Chemistry or related is essential.
- Previous sales experience in the chemical or mining or power or mining or water and waste or municipalities or related industries is essential.
- Must be self-motivated, target driven and customer orientated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Computer literacy with a basic understanding of the Microsoft packages is advantageous but not essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transport and be willing and able to travel locally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Establishing, developing and maintaining business relationships with current and prospective clients in the assigned territory.
- Maximising customer facing time by method of electronic communication, in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researching and analysing sources to develop prospective customers whilst determining their buying potential and value to the organisation.
- Keeping abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends.
- Developing clear and effective written proposals and quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expediting the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinating sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Identifying advantages and comparing the organisation’s products and services with those of competitors.
- Planning and organising a personal sales strategy by maximising the Return on Time Investment for the assigned territory.
- Supplying management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services via the organisation’s CRM and related reporting systems.
- Participating in marketing events like trade shows, seminars, and telemarketing events.
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time