Systems Engineer Permanent
Permanent Senior position
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 12 Jan 2018 by e-Merge IT Recruitment
About the Position
Services skills required:
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning, problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities with short notice
- High standard of professionalism and ethics
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
Qualifications and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required
- IBM WebSphere Products Certification'
- 6+ years' experience in system engineering and IT support required
- Four years' experience with IBM WebSphere Products, ESB/IIB,WAS and BPM
- Extensive working knowledge of PCs, network hardware, operating systems and software
- Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred, as well as use of Default IBM WebSphere Platform monitoring tools
- Expert contribution to the development, integration, application and analysis of systems that are hosted and will run on the IBM WebSphere Platform: namely IIB,BPM, Datapower and WAS
- Develop, install, deploy, test, configure, and optimize IT systems and networks used within a company or organization
- Responsible for monitoring system performance, resolving technical problems, and improving the overall operational readiness of a company's IT systems, specifically IBM WebSphere Platforms
- To develop complex computer platforms in order to simulate and interpret results and to perform mathematical verification and evaluate the results
- To promote exposed client interfaces in order to promote own technical area/expertise
- To be consulted on technology implementation that will influence readiness in the medium term
- Provide input into hardware / software design tasks of a complex nature
- To translate the client expectations into a valid technical solutions
- To develop solutions to complex engineering problems and document it in technical reports
- Execution of system tests (hardware / software) and document test results
- Interpret complex measured results and propose actions and recommendations
- Comprehend and apply knowledge of the widely applied principles underpinning good engineering practice and specialist knowledge of the IBM WebSphere Product Suite
- Participate and Contribute to the complex engineering decisions as part of engineering activities
- Provide expert consultancy advice and influence internal and external stakeholders on engineering/scientific activities in own area of expertise
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Participate and Collaborate on the development and installation of new hardware and software.
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues
- To implement and customize automation tools as required per specification to adhere to client's standards and needs
- To assist when required with upgrades and new releases by applying latest fixes and patches to ensure operational functionality
- To ensure process documentation is up-to-date and relevant to provide guidelines for continuity of services
- To provide ongoing information and advice to clients and engage in communications with vendors regarding technical issues and problem resolution to ensure the provision of improved services
- To produce daily and monthly statistical reports for SLA reporting to the client and vendors Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to IBM WebSphere Platforms and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new IBM WebSphere Platforms hardware and software
- Provides direct support in the day-to-day operations on IBM WebSphere Platform hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems
- Troubleshoots at the physical level of the IBM WebSphere Platform, working with IBM WebSphere Platform measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices, at the logical level working with communication protocols
- Participates in planning design, technical review and implementation for new IBM WebSphere Platform infrastructure hardware and IBM WebSphere Platform operating systems for voice and data communication networks
- Provides technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as and when required
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Reference Number for this position is LVContact Number which is a Permanent position based in Johannesburg CBD offering a salary is negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates. Email Liza on Email Address or call her on Contact Number to discuss this and other opportunities.
Check out our website [URL Removed] for more positions that might be right for you!
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
"If you haven't heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position"
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time