Die Corrector Trainee at Wispeco Aluminium
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 13 Nov 2017 by WISPECO Aluminium
About the Position
Main purpose of job:
Maintain Aluminium Extrusion Dies.
Technical Grade 12 / N3 or equivalent with the following subjects:
Maths, Science, Technical drawings.
- Engineering background and experience in aluminium extrusion will be an advantage.
- Have the skill and experience to operate a lathe, milling machines.
- Must have the knowledge and skill to use and work with accurate measuring equipment and basic hand tools.
Primary duties of a qualified aluminium extrusion Die Corrector:
- Must be able to read and understand section, designs drawings to be able to inspect new and replacement dies and to ensure that they are manufactured according to design.
- Must be able to organise and run trials, correct extrusion dies to specifications required by the customer.
- Must be able to help at the presses to set-up and run problem dies.
- Must be able to manage nitriding schedule.
- Daily follow up on press production schedule re. late and problematic dies.
- Communicate and give feedback to Die-Manufacturing regarding design changes to improve die performance.
- Maintain good housekeeping, assist with 20 keys and adhered to safety regulations, company policies at all times.
- Carry out other duties which you are instructed to do from time to time by your supervisor.
Applicants should take note that the day and night shift system for this position will be flexible and at management's discretion it could stretch from Thursday to Sunday.
- Aluminium extrusion
- Ability to operate lathe
- Operate milling machines
- Basic hand tools
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time