SNR Marine Broker
Permanent Intermediate EE position
R35,000 - R45,000 pm cost to company
Job 2144897 | Ref IB/SnrMarBr
Posted 18 Oct 2017 by Human Communications
About the Position
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To develop the Company's Marine book of business and offering by targeting internal as well as external sources of leads.
- To deliver a high quality administrative, claims and sales service to its targeted markets.
- To develop a Sales Strategy and to implement it.
External/ Internal factors which influence the work environment, taking into account future conditions and strategic requirements:
- South African Economy
- Understanding of global and African insurance markets
- Financial Services Sector
- South African Regulatory framework of insurance / brokerage industry
- Industry Associations and Bodies
- Competitive environment
- Customer Focus
- Service Excellence
- Target driven environment
Customers to whom the service is rendered / impacted upon:
- External Clients - travelling is an expected requirement
- Suppliers (Insurers)
- Internal customers: The Company's divisions and departments
All Company employees are expected to conduct themselves in a manner commensurate with the Company values:
- Innovative - we will continue to strive to find a more effective and efficient way of doing our business. We will continue to look for new opportunities and to reassess our existing business.
- Nurturing - we will ensure that all clients receiving services from The Company will experience the Company's "Cares" culture
- Driven - we will ensure that all personnel are driven to perform to the highest standards set by the Company
- Willingness - we will require of all sales and service staff to demonstrate a willingness to serve our clients. The objective of every interaction will be to provide the client with a solution or answer to their queries.
- Eagerness - Company personnel must demonstrate their eagerness to resolve a client's insurance or risk related problems, whether it is a claim, a risk enquiry or need to develop a unique insurance related solution.
NUMBER OF SUBORDINATES - As the business develops the staffing requirements will grow accordingly
- Full NQF 4 qualification (FAIS short-term Commercial & Specialist)
- 3 year diploma / degree in business management, communication or marketing will be an advantage
- Other specialist risk and insurance qualifications (NQF 5 or 6)
- Clean and current drivers license and reliable vehicle
- Minimum 5 years' short-term insurance experience, preferably in an intermediary environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Marine Specialist
- Proven ability to source and develop new business
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of the local & overseas Marine Insurance Market
- Business Acumen (understand the economic environment & identify viable financial opportunities)
- Brokering skills
- Computer Literacy
- Effective Communication Skills
- High level Negotiation Skills
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Analytical Ability
- Decision making
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Analysis skills
- Time management
- Selling -proven high level sales skills
- Ability to manage own work and outputs
- Leadership ability
- Research (Strategic Understanding of the direction in which the industry is moving)
- Presentation skills
- Decision making
- Time management
- Ability to manage change
- Insurance and brokerage industry and environment
- Legal requirements of the insurance industry
- Marketing and sales principles
- Short term insurance products and services
- Technical Insurance knowledge (i.e. advanced insurance and underwriting principles)
- Risk Management Knowledge - (high level understanding of enterprise wide risk management)
- General Business Management Skills
- Understanding of financial statements, ratios and key indicators
- Specific knowledge of local and international Marine insurance markets
- Interpersonal effectiveness: High level of Emotional Intelligence
- Service excellence
- Ability to effectively adapt to change
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Result oriented / Deadline orientated
- Sales Oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Work according to set policies and procedures
- Target driven
- Creative and innovative
- Strategic thinking: ability to develop a growth strategy and implement itKey Performance Areas and Outputs
- Talent Management
- Identify shortages in talent in specific positions and develop a medium term plan to counter this.
- Develop a plan to strengthen the weaknesses (where possible) and to build on the strengths (where possible) of team members
- Ensure the recruitment strategy and processes align with the need to recruit high quality recruits ensuring the right person in the right job.
- Ensure non-performers are actively performance managed.
- Learning and Growth
- Ensure a culture of constant development and improvement is cultivated in the team
- Ensure the learning and development programs are aligned with our strategic intent in the Marine team.
- Ensure all personnel receive training in the fundamental principles of insurance and risk
- Ensure all personal receive at least intermediate level broker oriented training on the main products they are responsible for servicing and selling.
- Ensure all sales and service personnel receive at least intermediate negotiation skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Systems /Processes
- Ensure the Marine Team has a quality, efficient and economical system in place which allows us to deliver a high quality of service
- Ensure the system is flexible enough to allow for a short product development time frame.
- Ensure the system delivers accurate information
- Ensure the system errors and downtimes are kept within the agreed framework and timeframes.
Ensure the system is able to deliver improved productivity through system refinement and development once the initial settling in process (migration) is complete.
- Ensure the key requirements for revenue growth are in place: systems, administrative processes, capable claims service in the Marine team, competitive products.
- Research potential new markets and products
- Identify and analyse an organisation's strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the environment
- Set goals for market share and growth
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets
- New Business
- Ensure all sales staff have updated sales training, access to competitive products and have
developed new business pipelines in the designated market segments
- Source, design and develop new products / value added products to support product strategy of the Company's Risk Services
- Develop a sales management capability in the team
- Ensure that there are suitable distribution channels (coordination and training of the sales teams) for products and value added products
- Ongoing monitoring of product performance.
- Ensure that a uniform business retention strategy, incorporating FAIS Compliance, is developed and maintained in the marine Team.
- Ensure that the claims service is delivered to the required standard at all times.
- Ensure that we the servicing teams have received retention training.
- Growth on Existing Company Business
- Implement a strategy to achieve growth within the existing Company client base through application of agreed key result areas
- Ensure a uniform application of the FAIS General Code of Conduct and in particular the Risk Needs Analysis on Business and Individual lines.
- Develop specific strategies for growth on identified Growth Products per line of business e.g. Cargo, Freight Forwarder's Liability, etc.
- EE VACANCY
- 12% pension and provident fund
- Office, laptop, 3G card provided
- Car allowance may be provided - TBC
- Full integrity checks will be conducted in line with the client's policies and procedures
- Please forward CV plus copies of Matric, RE, qualification and proof of full accreditation
- brokering skills
- high level negotiation and analytical ability
- leadership and decision-making
- effective communications
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Trade Broking
- 5 to 10 years Investments, Insurance & Assurance
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
South Africa's largest independent broker.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time