Driver Code 10 at ARB Electrical Wholesalers
Permanent Specialist position
Diep River, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2060634 | Ref cdr02
Posted 23 Jan 2017 by ARB Electrica
About the Position
Key Performance Areas include the following:
- Inspect vehicle each day and keep the vehicle clean. Report any faults before making a delivery.
- Responsible for loading of cable, cable drums, electrical stock before heading out on their route.
- Inspect their loads to ensure all items required for each delivery or order are on the truck and are not damaged or incorrect.
- Imperative that paperwork is checked together with the stock that is offloaded from the truck.
- When a delivery is made the driver must obtain the necessary signature on the relevant documentation as proof that the customer received the stock.
- Must check stock when offloading the truck.
- Drivers delivering bulk stock to a number of customers/ companies must maintain company signage and might have to rotate the stock on the truck accordingly.
- Must adhere to the rules of the road at all times e.g. speed limits.
- May be required to completed long distance trips so it is imperative drivers are physically and mentally healthy.
- Willing to arrive early and leave late, and occasionally will be asked to assist in cleaning store.
- Valid Matric Senior Certificate
- Must have a drivers license and PDP. Advanced driver course will be an advantage
- Must inform company of any health problems enabling the company to assist
- At least 2 years experience with heavy-duty vehicles up to 10 tonnes
Experience and Required Skills:
- Honest, Good customer service skills. Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work well in a team. Must be able to read directions. Maintains a neat, professional appearance
- Willing to work a variety of shifts - early or late. Accept the responsibility for vehicle and stock. Sense of urgency
Ability and patience to manage difficult customers
- drivers licence
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Truck Driver
- 1 to 2 years Wholesale & Trading
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Grade 12 / Matric
About The Employer
We are Southern Africa's fastest growing black-empowered electrical wholesaler. Employing over 650 staff members, ARB provides a wide range of internationally recognized and SABS approved products across three main categories - power and instrumentation cable, overhead line equipment and conductors, general low voltage products (including lighting).
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time