Senior Analyst Programmer
Permanent Senior position
Durban Region, KwaZulu-Natal
R25,000 - R40,000 pm cost to company
Job 2056405 | Ref SAP
Posted 11 Jan 2017 by ProDevelopment Group
About the Position
Please note only applications via email to Ashley Singh will be accepted or visit www.prodevelopmentgroup.co.za to upload your cv.
Overview of the Role
Our Client a leading organization in the retail industry is looking for a Senior Analyst Programmer to join thier team. As a participant in the company's commercial activities, the Senior Analyst Programmer produces outputs during the design and construction phases of the Software Development Life-cycle. The Senior Analyst Programmer is also required to review and maintain the technical documentation that is produced during the SDLC.
The goal of the Senior Analyst Programmer is to produce all outputs to the expected quality standard within the targeted completion time.
Senior Analyst Programmer. Specific activities, duties and deliverables include but are not limited to the following:
Specific to Senior Analyst Programmer Only
Along with providing subject matter expertise the Senior Analyst Programmer is expected to be able to do the following:
- Monitor the work of the nominated Analyst Programmers
- Coordinate the work of multiple Analyst Programmers
- Audit the work processes and outputs
- help Analyst Programmers overcome technical problems encountered.
- Make recommendations regarding amendments to software design and construction-related policies and standards.
- Recommend to the manager the types of tasks a Analyst Programmer is capable of undertaking.
Shared with Analyst Programmers
- Planning/ Task management.
- Support Call Investigation.
- Development testing.
- Quality assurance/ System testing.
The Senior Analyst Programmer requires skills across a broad spectrum of business, technology and people management.
Essential Skills and Capabilities
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong software coding skills.
- Strong relational database development skills.
- Able to adhere to a plan and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2- 5 years commercial software development experience.
- Commercial software development experience in the retail industry.
- A detailed technical knowledge of PowerBuilder, Delphi, or C#.Net (Visual Studio) development tools.
- Visual studio
- Database development
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time