Qlikview Systems Designer
Permanent Intermediate position
Durban Region, KwaZulu-Natal
R15,000 - R25,000 pm cost to company
Job 2056403 | Ref QSD
Posted 11 Jan 2017 by ProDevelopment Group
About the Position
Please note only applications via email to Ashley Singh will be accepted or visit www.prodevelopmentgroup.co.za to upload your cv.
Overview of the Role
Our client a leading organization in the Retail industry is seeking a Qlikview Developer is responsible for planning, design and oversight of the construction of various parts of the software package. This is a technical, but strategically important role impacting the long term success of the Company.
The Qlikview Developer is responsible for:
- Influencing the future direction in regard to functionality, development platforms, appearance, operating platforms, and throughput of the system.
- Participation in the definition of the overall structure of system modules (taking into consideration the frameworks our client already has in place).
- Close cooperation with retail consultants and software developers to ensure thatour clients applications systems address customer requirements, cater for future expansion, are built to a high quality, and are well received by the customers.
- Protection of the strategic vision of the product, to ensure that all development work is performed in a way that improves the value of the overall software package.
- Preparation of high level and then detailed software designs involving subsystem and component specification and the relationships between them.
- Extensive use of graphical methods in designs and documentation.
- Preparation of the design sketches for the user interface.
- Preparation of proof of concept software prototypes.
- Making user that the physical and logical design of the database adequately address the data, performance requirements, and design specifications.
- Maintenance and expansion of accurate, high quality technical and user documentation.
- Analysis of user requirements and evaluation of the required effort to deliver the software needed to fulfil the requirements. Such evaluations are then used to estimate development costs.
The Qlikview Developer needs to liaise with team members from the following areas within the company:
- Service delivery (implementation and support)
- Project management
- Software development.
- Pre-sales support.
- Quality Management.
- Requirements definition.
Requirements Specification -A detailed statement of what the system shall do to meet specific requirements.
Conceptual Design -to describe, in sufficient detail, all of the software components, their responsibilities and behaviour
Software Design Description (SDD)
- Acceptance testing.
- Work Practices.
Raise defects observed in software in the Defect Management System and in accordance with the Defect Management Procedure.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Able to plan and carry out (manage) plans through to the point of realisation 18 months into the future.
- Flexible in accepting work assignments and capable of following directions.
- The ability to work responsibly without direct supervision.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Business or related commercial field.
- 2- 5 years plus experience in a system design position.
- The ability to switch between abstract higher level views and specific detailed views.
- Strong understanding of commercial software processes and principles.
- Strong understanding of the retail industry.
- Strong understanding of information technology and its use in retail.
- Detailed technical knowledge of the software development environment, tools, libraries and programming languages.
- System Design
- Project Management
- Pre-sales support
- Quality Management
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time