Mechanical Supervisor X 2 Acceleration K4 K6
Contract Senior EE position
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2056397 | Ref MR-00001340
Posted 11 Jan 2017 by Pinagare
About the Position
Please make sure you only apply if you have your trade papers and the necessary experience. There are also mandatory questions at the end of the advert which you need to copy and paste into an email, answer and submit together with your CV in WORD FORMAT Please do not apply if you have already registered on the Murray & Roberts career portal as I will be unable to assist you. If you are registered go in and apply directly for this position.
Mechanical Supervisor x 2 (Acceleration K4 - K6)
Closing Date 2017-01-17
Contract Temporary / Contract
Salary Market Related and dependent on the caliber of the candidate
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position of Mechanical Supervisor x 2 (Acceleration K4 - K6) for Kusile Site reporting to the Site Director. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Control man hours allowed for erection, ensure all budgets are met or improved
This includes updating construction schedules and assisting with drawing up of construction schedules.
Ensure high standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
Assist the Construction Manager in running the site in a safe manner and within budget and on time.
Must be able to work unsupervised and lead a team.
Must report all deviations from the scope of work timeously in writing to the construction manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Ensure quality resource planning
Setting monthly /weekly/daily objectives with priorities for the Department.
Communicates clearly the outcomes required
Ensure that disruption is minimized and that quality standards are achieved
Ensure that safety standards are adhered too and that risks are managed appropriately
Ensure that productivity is achieved throughout
Daily, weekly and monthly planning.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
Qualified artisan with 5-8 years related experience in Mechanical Fitting preferably in mills air heaters and fans
A minimum of 3 -5 years supervisory experience. Another advantage would be to have previous experience in this type of position on a similar project.
Must be able to read erection/construction drawing fluently.
Must be quality conscious and must have a good understanding of QIP's and quality procedures.
A recognized trade in the field either mechanical fitting with N3 or equivalent NQF level.
Copy and paste these mandatory questions into an email, answer and submit together with your cv in word format.
- Are you a qualified artisan with 5-8 years related experience in Mechanical fitting and a minimum of 3 -5 years supervisory experience? Preferably in mills air heaters and fans?
- Do you have previous experience in this type of position on a similar project?
- Are you are to read erection/construction drawing fluently?
- Must be quality conscious and must have a good understanding of QIP's and quality procedures?
- Are you currently employed by Murray and Roberts or have you registered on their career portal?
- If you are not currently residing in the Witbank/Kusile area are you willing to relocate to this area?
- A recognized trade in the field either mechanical fitting with N3 or equivalent NQF level?
- What is your current or last salary?
- What is your desired salary?
- mills air
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Mechanical Engineering
- 2 to 5 years Heavy Construction
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Professional Qualification
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time