IT Inventory Controller Technician
Permanent Intermediate position
Century City, Western Cape
Undisclosed basic salary
Job 2056359 | Ref SRIT11012017
Posted 11 Jan 2017 by WNS Global Services SA (Pty) Ltd
About the Position
General Description & Key Responsibilities
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate the day-to-day inventory management i.e. effectively and efficiently perform inventory control to ensure optimal inventory levels and to enforce the companies logistical policy and standards
The IT Inventory controllers tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain records of assets received and transferred and to ensure these transactions are captured in the asset control system.
- To generate inventory reports and present them to management
- Perform inventory adjustments and update the same in the asset register.
- Perform repairs and new builds as per project requirement and KPI expectations
- Ensure on-demand availability of fully functioning workstations and other IT equipment
- Analyze and troubleshoot inventory control problems in a timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance and to enforce all inventory policies and procedures and manage inventory for the IT Dept
- Prioritize and perform daily workload assigned by line manager
- Respond to requests regarding hardware and procurement in a timely manner as regulated by SLA standards.
- Perform inventory control to ensure optimal inventory levels.
- Count and record merchandises received and sign off GRN documentation according to company procurement policies.
- Ensure that merchandise received is in accordance with purchase order specifications.
- Perform inventory analysis and management to avoid low stock and overstock and to report concerns to management.
- Plan and complete assigned tasks within the agreed SLA timelines
- Develop process improvements to achieve company inventory goals
- Communicate complex inventory problems to Manager promptly and suggest solutions, Analyze root causes of inventory issues and provide resolutions
- Develop and enforce inventory plan to ensure smooth product flow including warranty/out of warranty repairs, new purchases and Inter Branch Transfer of goods according to the policy
- Oversee merchandise returns and manage warranty replacements and enquiries with the vendor within the agreed SLA timeframes
- Ensure that all equipment is retrieved from resigned staff and recorded accordingly into the asset tracker.
- Ensure that all documentation and tracking systems are kept updated at all times and maintained.
- Faulty equipment are analyzed for feasibility for repair and the appropriate actions are taken to receive repair quotations and/or decommission the faulty assets where applicable.
Work Experience Requirements
- At least 2 years experience in Asset and/or Stores management (Required)
- At least 1 year experience working in the BPO industry (Desirable)
Minimum Education Requirements
- Matric (Required)
- A+ Qualification (Required)
- Asset and/or Stores management
- experience working in the BPO industry
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time