Permanent Senior position
R600,000 - R900,000 pa cost to company
Posted 11 Jan 2017 by Green Marble Recruitment Consultants
About the Position
- BComm in Cost Accounting/ Financial Management, CIMA or CA(SA).
- Must have at least 7 years commercial experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Have strong team/people leadership skills.
- Demonstrate excellent process and people management skills.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Be well versed in ERP Systems, JDE will be a advantage.
- Be able to work under pressure, ,meet deadlines and work overtime when required.
- Ability to use all MS Office application.
- Ability to analyze the business for opportunities in costing.
- Review all departmental output under control of the position.
- Ensure effective functioning of IT Systems e.g. bar code printers, scanners and printers. Take control of Server rooms and all IT equipment on site.
- Propose new policies where interal controls are at risk or to improve processes.
- Ensure company assets are utilised within the boundaries of corporate governance.
- Assist process owners with SLA management and ensure review scores are completed on master file and presented at monthly management meeting.
- Budget presentations.
- Review and/or draft agreements as and when required.
- EMU/Spoilage management.
- Monthly account review and investigation of Income Statement including allocations and expenses incurred vs. budget.
- Monthly Balance Sheet review - especially GL to Cardex, IB Flex and ST/OT, Job Costing, Spoilage and Provisions.
- Review actual Capex spend vs Budget as well as Asset Register verification and maintenance. Compiling active list with wish list and prioritising capex jobs.
- Ensure annual and monthly stock takes take place and are accurate.
- Co-ordinate, draft and finalise and present Annual Budget.
- Co-ordinate and ensure standard cost upgrades are done in accordance to group policy and asses reasonability of cost vs. budget and prior years.
- Purchase order approvals - check cost, budget, allocation and necessity.
- Assist auditors with yearend audit supplying information and documentary proof where required.
- Assist with payroll, Kronos and BI reports, ensure systems are in place to make accurate payments to employees.
- Casablanca receipts, outstanding queries to not exceed 30 days.
- Assist with JDE integrity issues and verify impact on business.
Procurement (Stores- Material Handling & Scrap Management)
- Assist to ensure stock levels are accurate for Stores. Frequent audit on system to check re-order levels, replenishment report and JDE. No stock outs.
- Stock levels to not exceed targets.
- Ensure cost saving targets are met.
- Ensure raw material is constant available and in the correct quantities and quality.
- New returnable packaging is ordered in coordination with Planning department for plant supply as well as division.
- Consumables are ordered on time to ensure no interruption in plant production.
- Assist to ensure waste disposal is done in accordance with legal requirements and no interference with plant performance due to non-removal.
- Ensure proper management of scrap area.
- Ensure SLA reviews are conducted with critical suppliers as per the SLA review master file.
- Inbound Logistic - ensure receipt of incoming goods is done in accordance with company policty and adhering to internal controls.
Warehouse (Outbound Logistics & Customer Service):
- Assist with stock counts on a daily basis. Stock levels to be balanced on a daily basis to system and any variances to be addressed the following day.
- Ensure daily sales report is sent to Planning.
- Ensure loading of trucks is according to process - quality of product loaded, on time (critically adhering to slot times), despatch documents ready and correct.
- Ensure stacking is done to improve to improve process flow in the warehouse, adhering to Logistic requirements and to occupy maximum capacity of warehouse space.
- Ensure processes are in place regarding Returnable packaging. Receiving, Cleaning, Sorting, Scrapping and Issueing to plant as well ass inter-branch.
- Ensure staff employed by contract is trained and adequately equipped to meet requirements needed for optimum "warehouse & wheels" process.
- Monitor turnaround times of transporter as well as truck availability.
- Ensure cooperation is in place between transporter and warehouse contractors to improve synergy in the process,
- Ensure LTS (Load Tracking System) is utilized and maintained to provide adequate management information regarding dispatching and streamline the dispatching process within the warehouse through electronic sign board.
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time