Meat Buyer Export Controller at Indian Ocean Export Company
Permanent Intermediate position
Undisclosed cost to company incl benefits
Job 2056240 | Ref KG36426
Posted 11 Jan 2017 by MPC Recruitment
About the Position
The MPC Recruitment Group (currently incorporating MPC Recruitment and MPC Recruitment Initiative) is a fully resourced, black empowered, national, APSO accredited, professional, personalised and total recruitment solutions service provider.
Our client is looking for a Meat Buyer / Export Controller for a position in Durban.
The position would be responsible for the purchase of all meat for exportation and ensuring that the export process is done correctly and in line with the South African regulations.
Another requirement of the position will to be physically present to do inspections while the containers are being loaded.
The candidate will be the main point of contact between the company and the various export authorities and all meat suppliers.
Key Responsibilities would include the following:
- Keeping track of all meat exportation
- Place all meat orders with the various suppliers
- Ensuring the correct processes are being adhered to
- Develop our purchasing of meat
- Negotiate pricing and payment terms with suppliers
- Find new meat suppliers where required
Minimum experience required:
- Good understanding of meat and the various cuts (Beef, Lamb, Pork and Chicken)
- Good understanding and experience of the meat export process
- Current relationships with meat suppliers
- Computer literate
- Good understanding of Purchasing requirements and proven track record
We are looking for someone who has the following characteristics:
- Driven and determined
- An ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Proactive and assertive
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle pressure
- Solution driven
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Logistics Management
- 2 to 5 years Water Freight
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Grade 12 / Matric
Employer & Job Benefits
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time