Warehouse Supervisor Wine Industry
Permanent Intermediate position
Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Up to R15,000 pm basic salary
Posted 11 Jan 2017 by Merand Corbett & Associates
About the Position
Supervises and controls all warehousing operations, records and monitors product stock movements and stock levels and arranges transport/loading of products for distribution/containers.
1. Supervision of Administration Processes
- Ensure that daily stock records are processed/captured and that all warehouse stock movements are on the system.
- Ensures that stock-issues and stock-returns are captured daily and reports any discrepancies to the warehouse Manager
- Issues the documentation for removal of excisable finished goods
- Provides information on stock availability to sales and logistics administration staff when required
- Ensures all administrative procedures/documentation is completed accurately and timeously
- Ensures correct storage of finished goods received from production
- Reconciles and signs off all movements of finished goods from production
- Records and controls all returned stock items in the warehouse
- Ensures availability of stock for despatching by liaising with production and packing on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for drawing and collation of finished goods stock for distribution / delivery / loading containers
- Stock Control
- Performs weekly and monthly physical stock counts.
- Addresses and resolves any stock variances after such stock counts.
- Verifies stock items and quantities when receiving and dispatching stock
- Keeps the Logistics Manager informed on a regular basis regarding obsolete/redundant stock and increases on stock holding on certain stock items.
- Advises the Logistics Manager immediately of any problems relating to stock
- Ensures efficient stock rotation by utilising the FIFO (first in - first out) stock system
- Transport and Maintenance
- Arranges transport for distribution/delivery of finished goods.
- Arranges loading of finished goods for distribution or for export containers.
- Arranges for maintenance by the internal maintenance department by issuing job requests for maintenance - preventative, corrective and breakdowns.
- Contacts third party maintenance suppliers if and when required
- Health and Safety and Housekeeping
- Assists in maintaining the Hygiene Management Procedure
- Participates on HACCP team meetings
- Complies with company and statutory safety policies and procedures
- Ensures housekeeping is kept in order and meets required standards
- MUST HAVE MATRIC with a relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum 3 years stock controlling and warehousing experience in a customer-orientated business. Proven track record in industry.
- Relevant work related experience in the wine making industry will be an advantage
- Relevant qualification in warehouse and stock control
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time