Permanent Senior position
Observatory, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2056185 | Ref CJ
Posted 23 Feb 2017 by Quiglies Solutions
About the Position
An opportunity has arisen for a BI Developer with strong knowledge of the Microsoft BI product suite to join the Business Intelligence Team in our Cape Town office.
Summary of the position
The BI Developer will augment an existing team to enable it to enhance an existing service offering. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a portion of the enhancements, as well as assisting in the maintenance of the existing offering. This includes the load processes into the data warehouse and the various report outputs using Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The BI Developer will be expected to:
- Develop Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions for both Maitland internal use and external use by our clients utilizing Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services, Reporting
- Maintain existing reports and optimize queries where applicable (performance tuning)
- Ensure that development standards and processes are adhered to.
- Interact with internal and external clients on a daily basis to ensure that reports are produced within the agreed SLA's and client queries are answered.Skills and experience required
- The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma (3 years) with majors Commerce or Information Systems will be a strong advantage
- A good working knowledge of IT systems in a corporate enviroment.
- At least 3 years of Sql Server of general development experience, with stong T/SQL skills including building complex stored procedures, functions and vies etc.
- Either at least one years' experience developing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, or several years' experience developing reports using alternatively reporting tools.
- Experience with Data Warehousing and Data Marts will be an advantage.
- Understanding and/or experience with ETL systems such as SSIS would be an advantage .
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Solid time management and communication skills essential.
- High personal integrity
- Strong numeracy/mathematical skills
- Asset Management industry experience will be an advantage.
The BI Developer will report to the Bussiness Intelligence Team Lead
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package and be eligible to participate in the firm-wide discretionary bonus scheme.
If you wish to apply kindly send your CV to Email Address
- Data Modelling
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time