Permanent Intermediate EE position
Cape Town Region, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2055987 | Ref HB
Posted 11 Jan 2017 by MPC Recruitment
About the Position
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Product Manager (PM) is responsible for the creation and communication of the product vision and charting of its road map in collaboration with executive management. He/She owns the product development activities throughout its lifecycle. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
- Conduct customer, market and technology research to identify trends, customer pain points and opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with development and contracts/marketing teams to identify new tender requirements that necessitate system changes.
- Collaborate with software development team(s) to rapidly work on product concepts and deliver high quality software solutions.
- Work with development teams to execute projects and oversee acceptance testing to ensure quality standards are achieved and new features meet expectations.
- Demonstrate software products to clients.
- Manage the development of prototypes illustrating specific product enhancements and development initiatives.
- Assume ownership of all product deliverables throughout all phases of the Product life cycle.
- Designs the product support and logistics framework where necessary
- Designs product marketing material and provides support to technical proposals and tenders
- Regularly interact with industry leaders and target users to stay abreast of industry changes.
- Manage interactions with systems dependent on the Product to ensure proper change control and inclusion of all role players.
- Tertiary Education in the appropriate field (IT Degree)
- Project Management Experience
- Strong technical background and a thorough understanding of current technologies including virtualisation ( 5 -10yr's experience)
- Strong team leading skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Well experienced in managing vending system implementations
What's on Offer?
Market related salary
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV:
MPC CAPE TOWN BRANCH - Heine Bunge
- Team Leading
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time