Video Editor at MPC Recruitment Group
Permanent Intermediate position
Cape Town CBD, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2055931 | Ref MPCVD
Posted 11 Jan 2017 by MPC Recruitment
About the Position
As a film or video editor, they'll be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded video footage into a finished project that matches director's vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
- Ultimately, as a film and video editor, they should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
Video Editor Responsibilities include:
- Manipulating and editing film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Taking a brief to grasp production team's needs and specifications
- Reviewing shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes' value and contribution to continuity
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Studies within related field
- Avid Media Composer
- After Effects and Final Cut)
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time