Business Intelligence Developer at Datafin Recruitment
Permanent Intermediate position
Cape Town, Western Cape
Market Related cost to company
Posted 10 Jan 2017 by Datafin
About the Position
An Investment services company based in Cape Town are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join their team. Must have a minimum of 2+ years experience in SQL 2005 / SQL 2008, SSIS and SSRS. Must have at least 1+ years with SSAS.
Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Create accurate and complete source to target mappings, including all translations.
- Design and Develop web based data exploitation systems to deliver information to business users, e.g. dashboards and information portals using mainly the Microsoft suite of tools such as SQL 2005, SQL 2008, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Design and Develop client applications for business user decision support.
- Design and Develop efficient high volume batch load strategies.
- Re-engineer and optimise existing batch procedures.
- Design and Develop mechanisms to ensure that data brought into the warehouse and transformed is accurate and reliable.
- Share knowledge and coach fellow team members where required.
- Manage own deliverables to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Work with Business Analysts to ensure that the technical delivery is in line with the business requirements.
- Deliver work according to agreed standards, using where applicable prescribed templates.
- Find innovative solutions to solve business problems that will save the business time and money.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems with beta and new release software, and research possible solutions using the internet and other available resources.
- Break complex problems down into manageable components and reduce dependencies between components by implementing interfaces.
- Compile accurate system technical documentation to address the requirements.
- Understand the steps required to deliver the functionality and create reliable estimates for the work to be done.
- Understand OLAP concepts, as well as designing and building cubes and which methods to employ under which circumstances.
- Understand dimensional modelling so as to be able to differentiate between available alternatives and which are best suited to the current problem.
- Take responsibility for testing own deliverables by understanding the permutations and combinations that are required to test the work thoroughly.
- Conduct systems integration testing by understanding the flow of data between system components and where data is transformed and/or translated.
- Prove the accuracy of own work delivered by writing own test scripts.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Relevant IT Qualification.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in SQL 2005 or SQL 2008, SSIS and SSRS.
- A minimum of 1+ years’ experience in SSAS.
- Extensive experience in batch processing, data loads and data integration of high volumes of data is essential.
- Extensive experience in BI Programming including ETL, translations and presentation layers.
- A grounded understanding of OLAP concepts and dimensional modelling.
- A thorough understanding of various Business Intelligence concepts, e.g. performance measurement and balanced scorecards.
- Working Knowledge of Visio.
- Hands-on/Working experience of System Analysis.
- Experience in Data Warehouse projects.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven and can work in a pressurized environment.
- Performance and delivery oriented.
- Problem solving skills.
- Team player, who can work independently as well.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to Email Address and mention the reference numbers of the jobs
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time