Permanent Senior position
R25,000 - R35,000 pm cost to company
Posted 10 Jan 2017 by Green Marble Recruitment Consultants
About the Position
My client a specialist in the Insurance Industry is urgently looking for a Risk Surveyor with excessive knowledge of Fire Prevention to become part of their young dynamic team.
The Risk Surveyor is responsible for surveying buildings, properties and commercial businesses for potential fire, theft and other peril code exposures, in order to protect the Company from potential over exposure from an Underwriting and Risk Management perspective
- Grade 12
- Fire Engineering Degree/ National Diploma in Fire Technology, or
- LGSETA accredited Fire Prevention, Fire Safety and Strategies qualifications, or
- SAESI FST (highest level) or
- IFE Level 3 Diploma in Fire Safety (VRQ) or
- NQF Level 5 SAMTRAC Qualification.
- A qualification in Short Term Insurance - highly advantageous, but not essential.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in Building Fire Prevention or
- At least 3 years within the Fire Brigade Services, and
- Application and interpretation of SANS 10400, SANS 10087 and BS7974.
- Experience in conducting fire risk assessments and/or surveys
- Experience or Exposure in Short Term Insurance Underwriting - highly advantageous
- Competent in Office Outlook, Word, Excel
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in a corporate environment
- Report writing skills is essential.
- Must have a valid South African driver's license
- Risk Surveying
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time