Permanent Intermediate position
R400,000 - R450,000 pa cost to company
Job 2055400 | Ref DUR000968KS
Posted 10 Jan 2017 by Sharon Nurock Recruitment
About the Position
This global company is currently seeking the services of a Freight Manager, to ensure all Supply Chain freight providers are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operation in the most cost effective manner. You will report to the Manager: Logistics and the Analyst: Transport/Admin Assistant will report into you.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:-
- Financial Degree/Diploma and or Logistics Degree/Diploma.
- 3 to 5 years freight industry experience.
- Freight experience (Freight Laws), Road, Air and Shipping.
- Strong understanding of Freight costings for both local and imports.
- Must be very analytical and preferably with a finance background.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Overall in charge of all logistics queries and concerns.
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Developing transportation relationships.
- Monitoring transport costs - monthly schedules of costs by route and product.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Dealing with the effects of congestion.
- Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organisation’s carbon footprint.
- Formalised service level agreement for all freight companies with specific monitoring on customer service levels to be reported both locally and globally.
- Working closely with Finance department ensuring costs allocated accordingly.
- Monitoring and highlighting transport spend.
- Ensuring all transporters adhere to Hazchem Compliance/OHSA.
- Monitor customer service levels as per agreed KPI’s for specific customers.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time