Product Evangelist at Parvana
Permanent Intermediate position
Cape Town Region, Western Cape
Market Related cost to company Neg
Job 2054733 | Ref 1001726AX
Posted 06 Jan 2017 by Parvana Strategic Sourcing
About the Position
Product Evangelist (Parvana)
About the Client:
- Our client has customers in the US, UK and South Africa which we support via our offices in Cape Town, South Africa and London, UK.
Our clients development teams operate using the Scrum methodology enabling them to be nimble and accurate in the development of products for both on-premise and cloud implementations.
- As Product Evangelist, you would be part of the Customer Experience team, which has as main goal to ensure that our clientâ€™s customers and partners enjoy the best experience possible with their Products.
- Customer Experience plays the important role of providing a voice to the customer within the Product Development team to help shape a better product, and is the primary interface from a communications and product knowledge standpoint between the Product team, and other teams internal to the business.
- Customer Experience plays a key role in developing the messaging around the products and creating self-help and training collateral intended for internal use, as well as for our clientâ€™s partners and customers.
- The Product Evangelist will work closely with the Customer Experience Manager towards the following objectives:
- Keeping Partners, as well as the Customer Success, Account Management, Support, Sales, and Marketing teams up to date with the latest product developments.
- Enable strong self-serve tactics to reduce the dependency that customers have on Support and Customer Success.
- Provide Product insights and metrics to assist Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Account Management and Product in achieving their departmental goals.
Role & Responsibilities:
The role of the Product Evangelist encompasses a wide range of responsibilities that vary based on the needs of the business, and the development stage of the products.
These responsibilities include working closely with the Customer Experience Manager in the following areas:
- Customer Experience Product environments:
- Work with and setup SharePoint Online with sample documents for videos, help center articles, and demos.
- Review setup regularly to make sure that theyâ€™re always ready to showcase the value of the productsâ€™ latest features
- Document the setup of these environments, and share with teams that might want to re-use the setup and materials for their own environments
- Enabling internal teams and Partners to speak confidently to the value of the products:
- Assist with maintaining a â€˜friendlyâ€™ list of current functionality
- Assisting with release communications and facilitating information sessions for internal teams (sales, account management, csm, support and marketing), as well as partners
- Assisting with release communications to customers.
- Become an expert go-to-person for the marketing teams to consult with when creating content.
- Equipping internal teams with the right information about the customer journey:
- Assist with maintaining and setting up Amity (big data customer success platform) when needed.
- Develop a deep understanding of how our clientâ€™s customers engage with their product, and their overall customer journey.
- Provide internal teams with the data they need to make decisions towards achieving their goals, like insights into customer behaviour.
- Creating videos to both promote the products, and educate users:
- Assisting with writing scripts and creating storyboards.
- Setting up environments to support the screen recording.
- Recording screens.
- Recording voice (not a must have, but would be nice!).
- Post production and editing.
- Contributing to the Help Center and keeping an eye on the Community:
- Contribute to Help Center articles, particularly the â€˜Getting Startedâ€™ materials.
- Monitor the Help Center Community and be a regular contributor.
- Partner and Customer journey:
- Assist with implementing and testing out customer engagement nurture campaigns
- Assist with the creation of animated gif guides that can be used both within the product and in the Help Center.
- Assist with setting up the LMS (in a few monthsâ€™ time).
- Assist with partner onboarding and demo packs.
- Assist with partner training and enablement.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Enablement skills, the ability to take the complicated and make it simple and accessible.
- Empathy for business end-users.
- A positive attitude and always happy to jump in and help, even when itâ€™s not part of your job description.
- Great communication skills.
- Naturally interested in and enjoy geeky things.
- Cultivates professional skills and knowledge, self-driven and motivated (big plus: self-education).
Basic graphic design skills, the ability to create videos (big plus: a good voice).To apply use the application tool above or send us an email to Email Address
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time