Permanent Intermediate position
CPT - CBD, Western Cape
Market Related cost to company
Job 2054559 | Ref CPT000190IB
Posted 06 Jan 2017 by Human Communications
About the Position
Do you love working in shipping? If “yes, does the company you work for offer this:
- Controllers who can consolidate their experience in the full function of vessels – start to finish. This will keep you current in your industry and invested in the business.
- Hands-on managers with years of knowledge to share with staff.
- A medium sized company that is not too big to feel lost in the crowd / “just be a number” but small enough to care for and know each other.
- Good company benefits over and above market-related salary: group life (includes funeral cover, death benefit & temporary disability) and medical aid gap cover for staff at no cost to the employee.
- An MD who works closely with managers so he is aware of what is happening in all departments at grass roots level where it matters!
- Career development: staff are provided opportunities through appraisals or internal vacancies to apply for other positions in the company
This well-established shipping agency requires the services of an Export Controller to join their Cape Town team.
What must I have?
- Matric/Grade 12
- 5 years’ + ships agency experience , non negotiable
- Relevant shipping courses
- Fully computer literate
- Excellent customer services and communication skills (written and verbal)
What will I be doing?
- Full Vessel Operation (start to finish of a vessel) – constant & timeous communication with customers, clients, (re stack dates and carrier haulage instructions) suppliers and statutory authorities
- Capturing of booking records (current and cancelled or transferred bookings) on company’s in-house system
- NAVIS updates
- Monitor and control movements of containers into terminal stack
- NAVIS updates
- Preparation of vessel reefer and special manifests
- Ensure close liaison with relevant internal and external parties, concerning bookings and rates
- Ensure close liaison with Port and SARS Authorities concerning freight activities
- Ensure that N76, contract, tally sheet, matrices documents are received
- Capture of shipping instructions
- Bill of Ladings
- Collections – BOE (SAD500), and relevant charges and monitor payments
- Preparation and forwarding of freight commission statement and manifests
- Closure of vessel files
- Submission of feeder details to discharge ports and principals
And what about those benefits?
- Medical Aid – Discovery Health – company contribution is 50 / 50 up to a maximum of R 1,450 per month.
- Medical Aid Gap cover – The company provides this benefit at no cost to the employee
- Provident Fund – company & employee contribute 6% of the Monthly Basic Salary each
- 13th Cheque – not guaranteed. However if paid, this takes place in December at the discretion of the company Directors. A pro-rata calculation will apply during the first year of service.
- Annual increases take place in January each year. A pro-rata calculation will apply during the first year of service.
- Group Life benefit – includes Death benefit, Income Protection & Funeral benefit – the company provides this benefit at no cost to the employee
- This appointment is subject to a 4-month probation period during which the successful incumbent will be assessed monthly.
- If you have not heard back within 14 days of CV submission, please consider your application unsuccessful
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time