Business Intelligence Developer
Permanent Intermediate position
Market Related cost to company
Job 2054291 | Ref AF_0105_2953
Posted 05 Jan 2017 by Afrizan Personnel
About the Position
Our client based in Braamfontein within the Insurance sector is looking for a skilled BI Developer to join their exciting team.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of effective cross-functional business intelligence systems and processes.
• This will be a dynamic role where you will be an integral member of a large team building an end-to-end business intelligence solution.
• This person should be very analytical with an even mix of business acumen and technical capability.
• The BI Developer will be responsible for working with analysts, managers, and executives to understand business needs and working with source owners to understand the data sources.
• The ideal candidate will have an innate curiosity and some analytical capability with a passion for learning.
• This will be a collaborative role that will be responsible for delivering everything in the BI solution from the data models to the semantic models and possibly the reports themselves.
• Translate business and technical requirements into efficient sustainable BI solutions
• Should be able to design and develop end to end BI Solutions
• Be able to do gap and impact analysis on the requirement
About The Employer
â€¢ Tertiary qualifications with majors in at least one of the following: Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
â€¢ 3 years experiencing working on Microsoft BI platform
â€¢ Experience with relational databases i.e. SQL Server; Oracle
â€¢ 3 Years Ralph Kimball experience designing and implementing dimensional modeling and Data warehouses.
â€¢ Working Knowledge and Experience using SSIS or similar ETL tool a must
â€¢ 3 yearsâ€™ working experience and knowledge in T-SQL
â€¢ 3 yearsâ€™ working experience and knowledge of data warehouse development
â€¢ Qlikview, SSRS,SSAS 2008 (Multi-dimensional and Tabular) advantageous
â€¢ Experience in using and writing complex MDX and DAX statements advantageous
â€¢ MS PowerBI stack advantageous (PowerPivot, PowerView and PowerQuery experience)
â€¢ Knowledge of Data Stage, Cognos
â€¢ Experience in financial services an advantage, but not a necessity
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time