BI Engineer at Recruit Digital
Permanent Intermediate position
City of Cape Town Metro, Western Cape
R30,000 - R50,000 pm basic salary
Job 2054215 | Ref 01-765
Posted 04 Jan 2017 by Recruit Digital
About the Position
Leading fashion eCommerce company based in Cape Town are looking to add a BI Engineer to their team.
Reporting to the CBIO, the BI Engineer is responsible for the continued development and ongoing management of the Business Intelligence solutions. Working with colleagues from other technical teams and end users across the business to support new initiatives.
- Liaison between BI Developers & the business with regard to project related initiatives.
- Translate business needs into end user applications by developing a way forward and understanding the impact to the business.
- Owns specific department relationships through expectation management, communication and transparency.
- Provide input on proposing, evaluating and selecting appropriate design alternatives which meet user requirements and are consistent with user's current standards and processes.
- Analyse, validate and communicate the requirements using appropriate documentation and modelling techniques.
- Being a keen advocate of quality and continual improvement
- Ensuring a close working relationship within the BI Team to set and maintain the integrity of documented standards and development practices.
- Completing JIRA tickets in a timeous and efficient manner.
- Working with IT Architects, technical specialists, third party software vendors and consultants to ensure that the organisation becomes a leader in business intelligence.
- Managing the maintenance and the integrity of the BI environment by managing the data set, the types of queries that need to be run, and structure the data tables to optimize system performance.
- Assist Unit Lead or Managers to identify innovative projects, in line with business strategy, that will positively impact the growth of the business. These should take into account Superbalist strategy, customer experience, accuracy and innovation.
- The company has a fast paced environment and the individual should be comfortable with changes made to specifications and requirements.
- Undergraduate Degree or Higher
- Minimum 2 years' experience in QlikView development and design
- Strong knowledge & application of QlikView
- 2 years + SQL experience
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ideally previous experience within the retail industry, eCommerce
- Training on one or many BI methodologies - advantageous
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time