Social Auxiliary Worker at Tb/Hiv Care Association
Contract Junior EE position
Cape Town CBD, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company incl benefits
Job 2053928 | Ref PPPrev-Cape Tow
Posted 03 Jan 2017 by TB HIV Care Association
About the Position
To provide professional and holistic social auxiliary work services under the supervision of a registered social worker with a particular focus on young women and girls, by providing psycho-social support, group facilitation, one on one counselling, health education , support with grant applications, and referrals of young women, young girls, their partners, families and carers within the extended community.
- Grade 12 /Matric
- Must be registered as a Social Auxiliary Worker with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- 1-2yrs relevant experience
- Proficiency in English and Afrikaans/Xhosa/Zulu
- Valid Drivers Lisense
Key Performance Areas:
- Assists in the coordination of comprehensive psychological assessments of clients and their families at Anti Retroviral Clinics
- Follows up on referrals from PP Prev teams, in order to provide psycho social support to patients
- Targets and recruits young women and girls to engage with group education, community and counselling services.
- Provides appropriate interventions and/or feedback based on the needs arising in the group or individual counselling sessions;
- Supports Social Workers and multidisciplinary team to assessing the client and family needs and implements effective support strategies.
- Ensures that clients receive relevant education, care and holistic psych-social support.
- Facilitates structured support groups using established resources and programmes.
- Records and maintains accurate records, statistics and detailed information as required by the programme.
- Networks with all relevant stakeholders and implements an effective referral system to ensure effective service delivery;
- Assists with the identification of advocacy issues; particularly in relation to young women and girls, and including gender equity and norms
- Lobbies and advocates for client's needs.
- Attends training and workshops as part of staff development.
- Educates clients and their families;
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Implements support groups
- Works with a variety of stakeholders including community organisations, faith based organisations, schools, TVET colleges and others.
- Informs clients and their families on eligibility criteria for social support grants
- Submits monthly reports to the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Non-judgemental, trustworthy and empathetic
- Good communication, interpersonal, conflict management and negotiation skills
- Flexible and innovative
- Time management and monitoring skills
- A team leader and team player, able to work in multi-disciplinary teams
To apply: Register on www.tbhivcare.org
Closing date: 20 January 2017
Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the TB/HIV Care Association.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
In the event that you do not hear from us after a month of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. TB/HIV Care Association reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- Problem Solving
Desired Work Experience
- 1 to 2 years Social Worker
- 1 to 2 years Clinic & Hospital
Desired Qualification Accreditation
Employer & Job Benefits
- Provident Fund
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time