Data Centre Engineer MCSE Mcsa
Permanent Senior position
Durban Region, KwaZulu-Natal
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2053531 | Ref TAL2480
Posted 23 Dec 2016 by 121 Talent
About the Position
Well established IT Company based in Durban is looking for a Data Centre Engineer - MCSE / MCSA
Educational Requirements / Experience
- Grade 12 / Matric
- MCSE or MCSA
- 4 years' experience as a MCSE or MCSA on Desktop hardware and software, Server hardware and software as well as Networking systems.
- A broad knowledge in Desktop hardware and software, server hardware and software as well as networking systems is ESSENTIAL
- A systematic approach in general IT fault finding.
- Maintain all the backup cycles and tapes for the data centre and production systems.
- Maintain all production related systems including servers, storage, scanners, printers, networking equipment and related software.
- Adhere to the shift schedule for working hours.
- Provide 1st line after hours support for all 24x7 systems.
- Ensure that all the documentation, procedures and task lists are followed and completed daily.
- Ensure that daily / weekly / monthly tasks are followed as per the detailed checklists.
- Liaise with outside vendors ensuring minimum downtime to the systems.
- Supervise work undertaken by hardware, software suppliers and contractors to ensure quality meets standards.
- Obtain an in depth understanding of the infrastructure installations.
- Identify areas for service improvement from all the above.
- Ensure a process of continuous improvement is carried out.
- Assist with proof of concept testing when required.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Respond to calls logged within SLA general system calls, maintenance tasks, change controls and escalations.
- Resolve any relevant onsite system issues
Interested candidates should contact Thanusha Pillay
Email: Email Address
Should you not be contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful
- MCSE or MCSA
- 4 years' experience as a MCSE or MCSA on Desktop hardware and software
- Server hardware and software as well as Networking systems
- A broad knowledge in Desktop hardware and software
- server hardware and software as well as networking systems is ESSENTIAL
- A systematic approach in general IT fault finding
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time