Head Swift Operations at Leading Bank
Permanent Management position
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2053499 | Ref RYAN/HEAD/20258
Posted 22 Dec 2016 by Redi Recruitment
About the Position
Head SWIFT Operations
The incumbent is expected to:
- Have least 5 years' previous experience/knowledge on SWIFT and SWIFT related processing
- Have suitable knowledge of:
- SWIFT message types
- SWIFT technologies
- Banking practices
- Have managed large teams.
- Is able to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels.
Minimum level of education and /or knowledge
- Degree or National Diploma
- Banking operations
Additional preferred education/ knowledge
- Banking diploma
Overall purpose of job:
The overall purpose of the job is as follows:
- To manage SWIFT services as a global utility for the Group
- To lower the total cost of operations around SWIFT
- To maximize the number of bank entities subscribing to the SWIFT utility
- To plan and execute projects to meet the aspirations of the business in meeting their client obligations.
- To procure the necessary resources, software and skills to manage the SWIFT business within the bank.
Position in department:
- Directly responsible to: Head: COO Services
- Subordinates directly supervised: 10
Regular liaison with:
- SWIFT National Member Group
- SWIFT Users South Africa
- Payments Association of South Africa
- Continuous Linked Settlement
- SWIFT Belgium
- External service providers
- Ensuring that the day to day operations of SWIFT are in order to meet business aspirations and expected service levels.
- Analyzing opportunities, threats, weaknesses, current capacities and trends in message volumes.
- Identifying preventative measures, MIS type data to enable better decisions,
- Partnering with IT and other service providers to ensure that the SWIFT service is efficient from a cost and processing perspective.
- Measuring the effectiveness of the BCP in place and adjusting these as required.
- Resolving outages that may occur within the SWIFT/FMM Infrastructure
- Communicate the goals and objectives of SWIFT to all stakeholders.
- SWIFT Payment
- SWIFT Technologies
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time