Contracts and Financial Analyst Manager
Permanent Senior position
R700,000 - R900,000 pa cost to company
Posted 09 Jan 2017 by Humanity Search & Select
About the Position
To effectively commercialise our client business processes and services, by undertaking commercial financial evaluation and analysis, analysing customers, market and organisational capabilities, and comprehensive customer contract management and negotiation to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- To assist in the development and implementation of financial analysis models to enhance business opportunities.
- To identify, advise on, and provide support on mitigating deal risks, where possible, through assessment of the overall commercial viability of a deal; any subcontractor(s) engagements; and any deviations from our clients standard terms in order to support business growth.
- To prepare the costing and pricing of all elements of a deal/contract, and to draft the commercial elements of products and services solutions contract, and ensure that the contract incorporates the necessary terms and conditions for optimal commercial and financial engagements. Work with the applicable legal representative(s) during contract negotiations with regards to those contractual terms that fall within the remit of the legal team.
- To monitor and manage customer contracts and service terms over the lifespan of the contract to ensure compliance with commercial frameworks.
- To monitor client contract renewals and upsells, and any commercial restructures are priced and negotiated with clients on a timely basis, and the contractual amendments are processed accordingly.
- To ensure that the full commercial approval process is followed on bids and proposals, through an understanding of the commercial frameworks, company authorisation matrices and corporate governance procedures.
- To provide advice and support to colleagues on ad-hoc commercial matters.
- To assist with communicating and educating business on commercial framework changes, as well as new policies and procedures.
Knowledge of business and global contractual law (including contract terms and conditions) (E) Knowledge of arithmetic's, and statistics, and their applications (Mathematics) (E) Knowledge of best practice due diligence procedures (E) Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar (E) Knowledge and understanding of the global mining services industry and business needs (D)
Job Related Skills
The ability to effectively develop and implement financial analysis models (E) The ability to effectively manage contracts (bids/proposals/tenders) (E) Intermediate proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint) (E) The ability to conduct effective due diligence initiatives (E) The ability to identify and mitigate commercial risk (E) Experience in using customer relationship management software (D) Excellent interpersonal/customer relationship skills required, with the ability to liaise diplomatically and maintain solid business relationships with internal and external stakeholders (E) Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to negotiate and construct deals that are profitable (E) Strong financial analysis skills (E)
Relevant tertiary qualification (E) Chartered Accountant (CA) / LLB degree would be an added advantage.
5+ years' minimum related contract management and financial analysis experience (E) Experience of pricing and commercial negotiations (E) Experience of international contractual management (E) Experience of best practices in the global mining services industry (D)
- financial analysis
- commercial management
- financial modelling
- Bids and proposals
- commercial and pricing frameworks
- contract management
Desired Qualification Accreditations
- Professional Qualification
- CIMA, SAICA
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time