BI Developer at Quiglies Solutions
Permanent Intermediate position
Bellville, Western Cape
Market Related cost to company
Job 1596841 | Ref SS0016
Posted 09 Jan 2017 by Quiglies Solutions
About the Position
Purpose of role:
We has an opening for a developer in the business intelligence team. It is a small and dynamic team, within a fast growing organisation that relies heavily on business intelligence in order to effectively run the business. The person will be responsible for front end development, namely reports, portals and dashboards, as well as building and maintenance of OLAP cubes, data warehouse fact and dimension loads, data mart loads, extracts to external systems as well as the daily support and management of the environment. The business intelligence environment runs on a Microsoft platform. This is a hands-on, technical role that reports to the head of business intelligence.
Responsibilities and key functions:
- Build, test and implement exception reports, detail reports, dashboards, etc. based on decision support requirements.
- Design and build efficient load routines to populate the data warehouse, incorporating appropriate data quality practices.
- Build, test and implement data mart loads that support reporting and analysis.
- Build, test and implement OLAP cubes based on business requirements.
- Build, test and implement efficient data extracts and integration to external systems.
- Maintain existing environment and make appropriate changes where required.
- Troubleshoot technical and data issues.
- Provide technical and data related support to source system teams and external parties with whom we exchange data.
- Effective planning and prioritising of future work.
- Contribute positively to the broader IT department where appropriate.
Essential knowledge of/experience in:
- Microsoft business intelligence technologies (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server).
- Report development in a business intelligence environment
- Database development in a business intelligence environment
- Data warehouse, business intelligence and decision support concepts.
- Systems Development Life Cycle concepts.
Desirable knowledge of/experience in:
- Credit industry.
- Other (non-Microsoft) business intelligence tools/technologies.
- Working with large volumes of data and/or complex data sets.
- Applying Professional / Specialist / Technical Expertise
- Information Gathering and Problem Analysis
- Planning and Organising
- Quality and Detail Orientation
- Customer Focus
Qualification: Degree or diploma in Information Technology or related discipline
Experience:6+ years within a formal BI environment
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time