What does a Project Coordinator do?
A Project Coordinator is a vital part of any team that is responsible for the delivering of projects on time and on budget, and role is to support the Project Manager and teams in all aspects in delivering of projects.
Project Coordinator Duties
Your duties in this role will usually include:
- Creating, managing and supporting the Project Manager.
- Creating and dissemination of milestone summaries to clients and project team.
- Creating and maintaining guidelines and procedures.
- Track and report on the progress of work being done by team members.
- Provide support in terms of equipment, software and compliance with company procedures and internal/external standards.
- Attend and steer meetings with internal and external clients.
- Keeping relevant parties up to date with progress, schedules, timelines and any potential issues.
Project Coordinator Skills
Every company is different but there are some standard skills you will need, including:
- Working within a team environment and successful delivery of projects.
- The ability to think on your feet and be deadline-conscious.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrating that you can complete projects on time.
- Creating and managing complex and detailed timetables.
- Multitasking and keen eye for detail.
- Using various project management tools to increase efficiency and turnaround time.
Project Coordinator CV Must-Haves
Your CV should cover:
- Your career objective and achievements per projects.
- A quick high-level view of your key skills, strengths and responsibilities.
- Give examples of your proven ability to support the Project Manager and teams.
Project Coordinator Interview Questions
This can be quite a long list so we’ll keep it to the most popular questions you might be asked:
- Give us an example of a challenging project you’ve managed.
- Has there ever been times that you have disagreed with your Project Manager?
- What project management tools are you familiar with?
- What are the three aspects of the project management triangle?
- What is your methodology when starting on a brand new project?
Project Coordinator Qualifications
Qualifications you will need for this role will differ depending on the company, industry and job level. Here’s a list of the most general qualifications you’ll need to be noticed:
- A degree or relevant qualification/certification in Project Management.
- BCom degree or similar.
Project Coordinator Salaries
Below are the most recent Project Coordinator salary levels based on actual salary offerings on the CareerJunction website (30 000+ jobs monthly) for the latest measurable period (October 2015 to February 2016).
- Project Coordinator Junior Level: ZAR 14,470 – ZAR 22,485.
- Project Coordinator Skilled Level: ZAR 19,815 – ZAR 25,190.
- Project Coordinator Senior Level: ZAR 24,012 – ZAR 32,493.
Project Coordinator Resources
Written by CareerJunction.